ACE would like to inform you about the National School of Healthcare Science STP Train the Trainer event that will take place on Thursday 7th March 2019 in Birmingham; venue will be advised nearer the time. Registration and refreshments will be available from 9.30am with a prompt start at 10.00am and closing at 4.30pm.
If you or any of your staff members will be new to the role of training officer and have responsibility for a STP trainee, this event is essential and is part of the accreditation process. The event will help you to:
• Learn about the aims and structure of the STP and how training can be facilitated in the workplace.
• Realise the role and responsibilities as a STP training officer and others involved in STP training.
• Learn about the mid-term review of progression and programme completion.
• Understand the e-Portfolio to facilitate training and evidence achievement.
• Know how to support your trainee’s health and well-being throughout the programme.
• Understand the different ways of involving patients and the public in STP training.
There will also be an opportunity to participate in theme-based workshops to develop:
1. The Training Plan, what makes a good plan? Know the steps to take and what to include when planning the training for your trainee.
2. Learn about assessing competencies and understanding what makes good evidence.
The day will also give you a chance to network with colleagues from your own and other specialisms to exchange ideas and share good practice.
Please contact the NSHCS on NSHCS.Assessment@hee.nhs.uk before Thursday 7th February 2019, if you would like to attend this training event. A full agenda and any further joining instructions will be sent nearer the time of the event.